Camping or bivouacing is strictly regulated in the Vanoise National Park. As a general rule camping is not allowed in the Park however there are some limited exceptions.
As of (June 2015) you can camp at the following mountain refuges:
- Refuges de la Dent Parrachee
- Refuge du Fond d’Aussois
- Refuge du Carro
- Refuge de la Gliere
- Refuge du Col du Palet
- Refuge de la Valette
- Refuge des Lacs Merlet
- Refuge de l’Arpont
- Refuge de la Femma
- Refuge de la Leisse
- Refuge du Fond des Fours
The following conditions all apply:
- Only lightweight tents that do not allow your to stand upright
- In the designated (by the hut guardian) area within the capacity of the area.
- During the summer period, when the hut is “managed” by a guardian and between 1st June and 30 September
- Between 19h00 and 08h00.
- For one night only.
- You must make yourself know to the hut guardian before pitching your tent.