The training will be based out of the Refuge Nant du Beurre (2080m) in the Beaufortain. Each day’s training will be in the context of a mountain day. . Key themes:
- Route choice & decision making
- Avalanche rescue
- Winter navigation
- Winter emergency situations
- The winter environment
- Instruction by Mark Tennent, MIC (1990), IML (1995), Moniteur d’Escalade.
- ANENA approved trainer. (French National Avalanche Association).
- Former IML trainer and assessor with the UK National Mountain Centre, Plas y Brenin.
What’s not included:
- Personal equipment including: transceiver, shovel, probes, snowshoes and ski / walking poles. Possibility of hiring from me (if reserved in advance).
- Insurance (obligatory).
- All meals and drinks
- Accommodation – 1 night in gite, 3 nights refuge – Budget Euro 50 / night.
Single group transfer picking up from Chambery railway station and Chambery airport.
If flying into Geneva there is a regular bus service ( 1 hour approx) to Chambery. See Ouibus timetable and book online here: https://en.oui.sncf/en/bus