- 3 day guided snow shoe walking / 3 nights in the Vanoise Alps based at the mountain village of Pralognan-la-Vanoise, gateway to the Vanoise National Park
- Guiding by local resident, Mark Tennent, International Mountain Leader / Accompagnateur en Montagne.
- Free provision of snowshoes, ski/walking poles and technical equipment.
- Comfortable accommodation and great food at the Hotel Grand Bec *** with heated indoor pool, jacuzzi and sauna.
- Transfer from Geneva airport direct to your hotel and return.
Guided Snowshoe Weekends
Enjoy a guided snowshoe weekend in the Vanoise mountain range in the heart of the French Alps. The Vanoise are located in the Savoie department of France close to the Italian border and share a 15km shared border with the Gran Paradiso Nationl Park in Italy. This holiday is based at the unspoilt village of Pralognan-la-Vanoise, a gateway to the Vanoise National Park. You will experience 3 days snowshoe walking surrounded by the high peaks of the Vanoise.
Vanoise National Park
The Vanoise National Park was created in 1963 and ensures that the area retains its calm and authentic atmosphere. The Vanoise National Park remains unspoilt from development despite being close to some of France's major ski resorts such as Courchevel, Tignes and Val d'Isere. The Vanoise has a large population of ibex that you may have the chance to see during your holiday. Each days snowshoe walk will show you a different aspect of these spectacular mountains.
Hotel Grand Bec, Pralognan
This holiday is based at the Hotel Grand Bec *** where you will receive a warm welcome in this family run hotel.
Fri evening - Arrival at Geneva airport where I will be meet you and transfer you to Pralognan. After a short briefing it's time to sample the fine cooking at the Hotel Grand Bec. After dinner settle into your hotel.
Sat - A walk exploring the Doron valley, first through pinewoods draped in winter snow and then pristine snowfields with the mountains towering above. Depending on snow conditions, time and energy we may make it as far as the hamlet of Prioux.
Sun - There's many possibilities but if conditions allow we head into the Vanoise National Park on the "Route du Sel" and in the "shadow" of the Grande Casse as far as the Lac des Vaches or even the Col de la Vanoise.
Mon - Champagny-le-Haut. Leaving the hotel we pass the small village of Champagny and into the hanging valley of Champagny-le-Haut for a walk in a magnificent setting. Transfer to Geneva airport.
Duration: 3 days walking / 3 nights
Max Group size: 4 - 8 - Private Group tours and Custom tours available.
Accommodation: Hotel (twin rooms) with en suite shower room.
Meals: Hotel - Breakfast, Picnic lunch and Dinner
- Guiding by Mark Tennent
- Loan of snowshoes and ski sticks
What's not included:
- Personal clothing & equipment, walking boots.